Fulton Theatre's Beautiful (the Musical) and other Beginning of Fall Events

September 20, 2024

Beautiful, the Carole King Musical is Fulton Theatre's opening show for the 2024/25 season - Lancaster, September 2024
Good afternoon beautiful people,

I have a confession.

...I am back on Social Media. 
...I have actually been back for a minute.

Yes, the same social media I said a couple of posts ago that I do not see myself returning to (typing this makes me feel like I went back to that boy we all agreed was not good for me - and I felt the need to hide him from y'all because we had agreed that I had moved on).

In my defense, I still hold my beliefs, and the dislike-hate sentiment still stands; but as you know this girl started working on a business venture over the Summer. During the initial days, social media was not part of my strategy, but as it became clear that this venture will soon be catapulted to 'one of my main sources of income', growing it organically was shelved, and I started considering additional ways of marketing and engaging potential clients - social media kept popping up. I initially cringed at the idea of doing dance challenges in the name of marketing - I finally got back on, the platforms.  

I have not yet gotten to the dance videos part of being a small business owner using social media to make sales, but if you see a video of me dancing, please go buy my products and tell your people to buy my products and services because my knees and the fact that I can do the shuffle, I do not see myself keeping up.

The good news is that the business turns 3 months in a couple of days and I will do a proper recap then.

Today I wanted to make that confession, and talk about some season opening/closing events I am excited about. And yes, I failed miserably in keeping up with my Summer 2024 calendar - my excuse, I was building my new business venture (and fighting the thought that my business' survival may be tied to my dancing skills).
Goodies from Lancaster's Arsenal Fan Club - Lancaster, September 2024
As usual Fall updates always start will Premier League announcements. We are one month in, and I have watched 3 out of the 4 games Arsenal has played so far at Tellus360 as a member of the Lancaster Arsenal Fan Club. The next game is on Sunday and it is a BIG ONE - we are playing against Man City (these are the chaps - my dad would approve my use of this word in this situation - who beat us these past two seasons to emerge as Premier League title winners).
Cirque Kalabant (Image Source)
Beside this mammoth game, Sunday is jam-packed for me. I will go for the first service, go to Tellus360 to watch the game, then head out to see Cirque Kalabant’s Afrique en Cirque by Yamoussa Bangoura. This is among the opening shows for Millersville Arts 2024/25 season. The description mentions that this show is about daily life in Guinea (a West African country).

The show is currently sold out (I am always excited when I hear shows by Africans are sold out), and will be going down at the venue I watched Grammy Award Winning Group Soweto Gospel (I will definitely do a recap). I know the day is already full but my fav band in Lancaster will be hosting their last Summer Rooftop gig at Tellus360, so I will head back there to catch Big Boy Brass Band (this itinerary reminds me of my club hopping in my early 20s).

My art work (can you spot my Fulton tciket - got the pay what you want) - September 2024
Speaking of closing the Summer season and ushering in new seasons, I went for a tote bag stamping event last evening, hosted by Demuth Museum - a sister spot to Lancaster Art Museum where I caught the Art by Money Exhibition.

It was pretty simple set up.

They cut some apples into two, spread out some plain totebags, and a couple of paints, disposable plates and brushes. Participants colored the halved apples with paint and stamped the totebags. I liked how simple and straightforward it was, I see myself borrowing this idea in the future.
Got my ticket before going for the Apple Stamping event - September 2024
After that, I went for Fulton Theatre’s opening play titled Beautiful, which follows the career of Carole King - an American singer/songwriter who wrote songs like Little Eva's Loco-motion and Aretha Franklin's Make me Feel Like a Natural Woman (those are the ones I knew before watching the show).

Allow me to digress - I was disappointed that Fulton Theatre did not have their Stories of Diversity Festival this Summer. This play sorta kinda made up because King wrote songs for a couple of black bands and artists in 60s, so half the show was a showcase of ' those black bands'. I know it is not the same as having a whole show that was put together by (and for) 'diverse voices', but again if the ‘politics that is DEI programming in the US 2 years post-George Floyd/BLM’ is anything to go by - then this conversation is too deep for my ‘events I am looking forward to’ post.
The cast - Fulton Theatre Lancaster, September 2024
I will definitely give updates of events I go to. Feel free to peep at my Instagram videos to see some business related behind the scenes clips.

Untl the next post, do something artsy for yourself or with others this weekend - it is good for the heart, mind, souls and society.

Sending love and light,
Sitawa

You Might Also Like

0 Comments