And on the Eve of my 40th Birthday...I say Goodbye to my Church job

August 15, 2024

In the church copy room - January, 2024, Lancaster
Hi beautiful people,

On the eve of my 40th birthday, which happens to be my last day working at church, I would like to share a gratitude note (I know...I share way too many of these) for the opportunity to serve, and for the adventure ahead. 
I shared this image sometime back - can you spot my name
I became a member of my current church when I moved from my first school. This move was accompanied by an overhaul of sorts that included getting my own apartment in Downtown Lancaster and enrolling to another school  (I have mentioned this before). 

When I joined this church, I was going through INTENSE GRIEF!!! Instead of God providing straight up comfort, He created opportunities for me to meet others at their points of need, to serve, to comfort, to rejoice with and care for them. 
One of the best messages I got - Lancaster, August 2024
I started off volunteering as and when needed, ushering some Sunday mornings and serving as a wedding hostess. 

I, then, got onboarded to help with weekly services and forums (I ended up teaching a 3 part series this July), the monthly compline and Saturday Night Mass, plus the occasional funeral and wedding (yep, I did it all). 
Remember this Christmas card from December 2023
I also helped with community engagement activities including the Tuesday and Thursday Narcotics Anonymous meetings that host hundreds of Lancaster residents, who are at various stages of recovery. 

My first academic poster was actually inspired by my observations of the women who attended these meetings.
A pair of earring from one of the NA attendees (who knows I am posting).
I enjoyed working with, and learning from, all the people God placed in my path. As I prepare for my next adventure, I would to give thanks for the opportunity to serve at church.

From the looks of things, concentrating on my new venture feels like my next stop. I am not sure if this is a bridge or a permanent move but with God, I learnt to go with His flow and give my best in every situation.
Got this on Sunday....and yes, I cried - Lancaster, August 2024
I will continue to share this adventure as it unfolds.

Until the next post, let me enjoy these last few hours of my 30s (still cannot believe I have done this life thing for 1,2,3...40 years). 

Sending love and light,
Sitawa

You Might Also Like

0 Comments