Second Snow-Shutdown-Inspired-Veggie -Chicken Flatbread Pizza

January 19, 2024

Another Snow-Shutdown inspired meal...Veggie - Chicken Flatbread Pizza
Good evening beautiful people,

If I was to describe the first week of my Spring 2024 Semester, I would say sub-zero lows and school shutdowns. We only had one day of classes this week thanks to back to back snow storms.
Scenes from School: Post Snowstorm
When we had the first snow day, and school shutdown, I tried roasted pumpkin soup...when we had yet another snow day, and school was shutdown yet again, I tried out a Flatbread Pizza (this space is slowly becoming a novice food blog, so far we have made Blackberry PieBanana BreadGitheri and Pumpkin Soup).
My Ingredients: Flatbread, Olive Oil, Cheese, Pizza Sauce, Veggies and Chicken
I am still not the best at this ‘sharing recipes’ thing so I hope the pictures sorta kinda tell the story. 

1. Chopped up my veggies (guess you can use whatever you want - I went with onions, green peppers, garlic, jalapenos)
2. Cut my chicken into strips (not sure why I did not just cube them), cooked with olive oil and spices, and then stir fried the veggies. 
3. Lined the flatbread with olive oil, then pizza sauce, then layer of cheese, 
4. Added my veggies and chicken to the flatbread, then more cheese
5. Baked for 10 minutes at 425 degrees
6. Put some baby spinach on it after removing from the oven and let it cool.
Had my flatbread with warm spiced Apple cider
Next time, I will try making my own pizza dough...until then,

Sending love and light, 
Sitawa

Update: Feb 28th
Tried making my own pizza dough, guess I put so much yeast - I let it sit for a while and found it so puffed up that I opted to make my first multigrain bread instead (will try both - pizza dough and multigrain bread again and share the recipes or photos of the process).
Clearly this baking pan has been part of sorts of cooking experiments - it needs its own show :)

You Might Also Like

0 Comments