Of Simple Banana Bread Recipes and Keeping the Apartment Warm

November 16, 2023

It was a banana bread type of evening...and I love how this piece came out
Hi beautiful people,

I do not consider myself a foodie but every Fall, I find myself measuring, mixing and baking stuff. Part of it is because I love the smell of baked goodies and the other part is because the oven helps to warm up my apartment.

I think I may have mentioned this before but I live in 'the penthouse' - the only unit on the topmost floor. And because Lancaster is an old town, it has old buildings with old central heating systems...I swear the heat gets lost in transmission enroute to my unit because there are evenings I feel like I am outside in the cold...this is where baking comes in. 

This Fall, I will be sharing some of my baking recipes (when I remember to document the process). To get us started, a simple banana bread recipe that I used this evening (I did a better job than the Blackberry Pie recipe).
 Ingredients: 2 Bananas, 1/3 cup butter, 1.5 cup of all-purpose flour, 0.75 cup of sugar, 1.5 tsp baking powder (should be 0.5 tsp baking soda but I keep forgetting to buy it), 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 egg
Mash the bananas (I do it with a fork, one at a time)
In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder (or baking soda) and sugar
Love it when the butter is marked - melt 1/3 cup for this recipe (I do not own a microwave - my way of avoiding all the ‘one minute meals’ and having loads of leftovers that may end up in the trash - so I melt my butter by placing it in one of those heat friendly ceramic bowls, then placing the bowl in a pan with hot water - water warms bowl, bowl melts butter)
Beat one egg and add 1 tsp vanilla extract
Add the egg, vanilla extract, sugar, baking powder (baking soda), melted butter and flour to the mixing bowl with the mashed bananas...and mix 
Preheat the oven to 350F (175C), rub some butter on your loaf pan, pour batter (mixture) into it...and bake for 60 minutes
Remove from oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes
All cooled down and ready to go...plus the apartment smells good and it is all warmed up 

Hope I can concentrate on my school work...and not to head to bed after getting warm and full
Hope you get to try this simple banana bread recipe...Until the next time,

Sending love and light,
Sitawa

You Might Also Like

0 Comments